Create and Organize Online Albums
To access your editing and organizing options, start in your photo library. On the right, in the photo toolbar, you'll see "Edit & Organize". Click "Edit & Organize" to open a menu of options.
- Album Designs
- Add Borders
- Rotate and Flip
- Caption Photos
- Fix and Enhance
- Move Photos
- Copy Photos
- Delete Photos
- REmove Albums
Please note: If you just have friends' albums in your library and no albums of your own, only "Copy Photos" and "Remove Albums" will be available. Only the album owner can make other changes to the album.
Create an Online Photo Album
There are three ways you can create a new album:
- Upload digital photos
When you click "Upload Photos" on the toolbar in your photo library, you will first need to choose the destination album for your uploaded photos. Click the orange (new) album to select it, and type a name into the text box below it. Learn more about uploading.
- Move photos from an existing album to a new album
To move photos from an existing album to a new album, click "Edit & Organize" in the toolbar and then click "Move Photos." After you choose the photos you want to move, you'll be asked to choose the album into which you want to move them. Click the orange (new) album to select it, and type a name into the text box below it. When you click "Move Photos", we'll create a new album containing the photos you moved.
- Copy photos to a new album
To copy photos from an existing album to a new album, click "Copy Photos" under "Edit & Organize" in the blue toolbar. After you choose the photos to copy, you'll be asked to choose an album into which you want to copy them. Click the orange (new) album to select it, and type a name into the text box below it. When you click "Copy Photos", we'll create a new album containing copies of the photos you selected.
Rename Online Photo Albums
You can create a new name for any of your own albums. An album name can be up to 30 characters long. Only the owner of an album can change the title, so you will not be able to change the names of friends' albums.
To rename an album, complete the following steps:
- Go to your photo library, and click the album you'd like to rename.
- While in the album view, click "Edit & Organize" in the blue toolbar to the right.
- Then click "Rename Album" below "Edit & Organize."
- A new window containing a text field will pop up. Type a new name for your album into the box and click OK.
- To return to your album without changing the album name, click Cancel.
Sort Online Photo Albums
When you click the Photos tab, you'll see your most recently uploaded and viewed albums. There are several other ways to sort your albums.
- Choose which albums you want to sort.
- To sort the albums you created, click "Your Albums" in the toolbar on the left.
- To sort the albums that have been shared with you, click "Friends' Albums" in the toolbar.
Click the new sort order you want:
- By Date
Click a year or a month to view the albums you uploaded during that time period.
- By TitleClick "View All A-Z" to sort your albums alphabetically by title.
- By AllClick "View All by Date" to view all of your albums at once. The most recently uploaded albums will appear at the top of the page, with the oldest albums at the bottom.
View Saved Projects
Whenever you create a calendar or photo book, you can save your work - either to return to it later, share it with friends, or use it in another gift order.
- Click the Photos tab to go to your photo library.
- Click "Projects" in the toolbar to the left.
- Click "Your Projects" to view your projects.
Please note: You can also view projects your friends have shared with you, by clicking "Friends' Projects" beneath "Projects" in the left toolbar. You can't edit friends' projects, but you can view them and order them for yourself.
As you view the photos in your albums, you can tag individual photos as favorites.
When you tag a photo as a favorite, we place a copy of that photo in your "Favorites" album. When you're ready to order a gift, create a calendar or create a photo book, your favorites are easily accessible.
- Navigate to that photo's individual photo view page.
- Click "Make This a Favorite" at the bottom left of the photo.
To view your favorites: Click the Photos tab to go to your photo library. Then click "Your Favorites" in the toolbar to the left.
To remove a photo from your "Favorites" album: Navigate to its individual photo page, and then click the "Favorite!" link to remove it from your Favorites list.